11.2.06

Appropriation



Tomorrow is my day out on the town. A coat like this would clearly solve all of life's problems ... A friend brought me something similar as a souvenir, turquoise silk edged with yellow, but it is hopelessly huge and I don't see how it could be remade to fit little old me.

What else will I be looking for? A silver cuff to replace the wooden one that was broken this summer. A ruby-red cashmere scarf. A bag which speaks to my heart. Inevitably, I will come home with none of these things; rather, I will have purchased another skirt or "interesting shirt" and have tried on at least seven different pairs of shoes without which I could not possibly live another day.

Which reminds me that my closet is in shirt embargo right now. I realized last week (after coming home with ANOTHER shirt, a stripey jersey knit) that the shirt-to-drawer-space ratio is hovering around 3:1.

I didn't want to do it, but there was something about some straw and a camel and a certain look in my boyfriend's eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home